Monday, April 30, 2012

April Birchbox and face rant...

I was actually in CR when my April Birchbox arrived and I was super excited for my little pink box to be in in the mail when I returned.  That being said, I think my excitement over the "delayed" Birchbox added to my overall disappointment in this months beauty products.

I will admit that currently I am battling my first ever case of acne--yes ladies and gentlemen, at almost 28 I am now having to deal with acne and IT STINKS!  **Interject me yelling "where the hell is all of this coming from!!!!" While I used to be devastated when I would get the occasional pimple here and there, I have now come to realize that was nothing compared to the countless imperfections I currently have appearing on my face.

Besides the usual TMI, my point in referencing the above issue is that this months box contained mostly natural skincare products.  You would thnk that I should be excited, however, given that most items are in trial size--I am currently in a phase where I need to start a regime and stick with it to see improvements.  Thus, I will be holding off on giving any of these products a try until I can gain some form of "normal" back to my face.

There were two products that will be trying out and that is the Amika Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask
and Zoya "Lotus" nail polish from their 2012 True Spring Collection.  I think the nail polish may be a bit over the top for work so I will be trying it out this Friday to have for the weekend!  I'll post a picture this weekend.

One last product (not contained in the Birchbox) but that I received this week as part of my acne panic, was the Clarisonic Mia 2.  I have actually been wanting a Clarisonic face cleansing system for quite some time and now that I actually need one, I splurged and made the purchase.  Today is day 1 so hopefully by this time next week I will have some positive news.  Anyone else have any acne clearing products that they would recommend?  I am up for suggestions at this point.....

No comments:

Post a Comment