Thursday, May 16, 2013

Two Weeks!

Charlotte is two weeks today and we have made it through the first week of being home just her and I.  I can say that I started out the week pretty nervous (okay really nervous) but we are ending on a good note.  I made my first outing with her to John's softball game this week which was a great confidence booster.  Getting the diaper bag, car seat, stroller, etc (the list goes on and on) all together and making sure she is content in her seat is a lot to take on but we managed just fine and John was really excited when we surprised him at his game!

Charlotte cheered John on in her own way:


Two Week Happenings:

- We are not so much on a schedule but getting there.  You are eating about every 3 hours both day and night.  Your awake time during the day is great!  You are so alert when you are awake and have been doing a few minutes of tummy time.  I am sure this will increase next week and I may start to bring out a few of the millions of toys we have for you to see if anything peaks your interest!

- First Dr. Well Visit!  It went great- you are gaining weight right on schedule (now 6 lbs 15oz which makes me very happy) and you have grown 2 inches since birth (now 21.5 inches long)!  This is a great sign that we are a great team when it comes to breastfeeding! However, this week you  have had a few spit up moments that should have been captured on America's Funniest Home Video's as they required furniture wipe down and a change of clothes for the both of us!



- Jackson has pretty much adjusted to the fact that Charlotte comes first right now. Every once in a while we will catch up being a little too curious about her when she is in the swing or some other "eye-level" apparatus that we put her in that he can easily get to her.


- There are some days that when the sun is up and I go and get you up for the day, looking at you just makes me cry with such happiness.  You make me so happy that I cannot find the words to describe it.  John is amazing with you; he is so comfortable in all situations.  He comes home and can't wait to hold and cuddle with you and you two have afternoon conversations everyday as soon as he comes in (he does all the talking and you just make funny faces at him)!

All in all you were a rock star at your checkup this week and have been pretty content just hanging at the house this week with me while I do a few chores (but mostly just cuddle with you)..shhh!!! it will be our secret!


xoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment