Sunday, June 2, 2013

One Month!

Time is FLYING!  We cannot believe it has been one whole month since Charlotte was born.  Furthermore, we cannot believe that we have a one month old and how much things have changed over the last 30 days.  

With summer here and the BBQ/party invites coming in, reality has hit home that yes, we have an infant and yes, we pretty much are not able to do much.  Charlotte hasn't had any of her immunizations, the weather has been extremely hot and oh yea there is that breastfeeding thing too. We also aren't on a schedule per se yet so its difficult to know when she will be napping or feeding.  

I am trying not to be too detailed about the whole breastfeeding topic on here, but I do know how much reading other bloggers and their experiences helped me.  I haven't started pumping for supply yet and to be honest I am dreading it.  I have gotten so used to the convenience of just feeding her with no clean up or process involved. We also haven't introduced a bottle yet but since she is now one month, I think we are going to try this week (which also means let the pumping begin).  I will do a post on how that goes.  Part of me is excited for John to be able to feed her (and not have me doing it all the time) but then I am also sad that I won't be doing it all the time... does this make me cray cray or what?? We are still feeding on demand for the most part but if I can tell she is just fighting sleep or seems irritable instead of offering her food (if I know that she JUST ate) we will try other forms of comfort for her. 

Even though I do not have my 6 week check up for another 2 weeks or so, I am feeling 100% back to normal.  No soreness, no discomfort, back to normal routine and energy levels.  I have actually felt that way for some time now but promised that for the first two weeks I really wouldn't push it.  One note:  I have complete numbness around my c-section scar--yep, can't feel a thing.  Not sure if this is permanent or will go away with time.  Either way, I am super excited to get clearance to work out at 6 week apt; we have been walking only and I am dying to get back to gym classes!

Here are some of Charlotte's one month happenings and a photo session of course:

- You just recently took a pacifier in the last few days; before that, you REFUSED to have anything to do with them. 
- You are starting to have some really good sleeping nights, 4 hour stretches here and there (I am almost scared to post this info in fear that this will stop).  
- You are starting to focus on objects that we put in front of you for a few seconds.  We can see your eyes following from side to side and that your eyes are trying to focus. 
- You love bath time and we love it too!  You are so relaxed during this time as long as we keep you really warm. 
- You love your hands.  They must be near your face at all times, while you are sleeping, while you are in the car seat and you have even started sucking on your fingers.  I am thinking a future thumb sucker may be in our future.  
- You are so strong and you love tummy time and can actually manage your way from one end of the couch to the other if we let you stay on your tummy long enough.  If I go to burp you and you are not done eating you literally throw your body off my shoulder. This amazes a lot of people that hold you. 


And now for the goods....








 I know one day you'll love this one.. we'll apologize then!

                                                                         

We couldn't be happier and look forward to your next month of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment